Head of School Search
Welcome to AIM Academy's Head of School Search Page
On July 14th, the AIM Board of Trustees announced they had voted to create a new position at AIM Academy beginning in the 2018-2019 school year, Head of School. AIM Academy founders Executive Director Pat Roberts and Associate Director Nancy Blair will remain as directors of the AIM Academy organization but will begin to focus their work on the growing AIM Institute for Learning & Research.
AIM Academy's new Head of School will ensure that there is a focal point for parents and community members as the school and AIM Institute continue to focus on the excellence in delivery, evidence-based learning practices, and increased opportunities in athletics, arts, engineering and global sciences that unleash the talents of our AIM students.
A Head of School Search Committee led by Board of Trustees Chair Matt Naylor and an Advisory Committee have been formed. All members of the AIM Community including parents, students and faculty will have opportunities to be heard during this search.
This page will include links to communication sent to the AIM community during the search as well as updates about the search process. Questions regarding the community's participation in the search process should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions regarding candidate applications should be directed to HeadsUp Educational Consulting at AIMAcademySearch@ta-stl.com.
Search Committee Updates
- July 14, 2017: Announcement Letter from Board of Trustees Chair Matt Naylor
- August 7, 2017: Search Committee Announcement from Search Chair Matt Naylor
- August 7, 2017: Letter about Head of School Search from Pat Roberts & Nancy Blair
- October 20, 2017: Letter About Rescheduling Head of School Visits
- October 24, 2017: Head of School Finalists Announcement
- December 1, 2017: Head of School Announcement Letter from Board of Trustees Chair Matt Naylor
- December 1, 2017: Congratulations to AIM's First Head of School Letter from Pat Roberts & Nancy Blair
Frequently Asked Questions
- Has a Search Firm Been Selected?
- Who is on the Search Committee?
- What is the Scope of the Search?
- What Opportunities will the AIM Community Have to be Involved in the Search Process?
- How Long Will the Search Take?
AIM's Head of School Search Committee includes parents, board members, faculty and staff.
- Matt Naylor, Chair of the Search Committee, Parent/Trustee
- Mike Brooks, AIM Staff
- Albert Chiaradonna, Parent/Trustee
- Darryl Ford, Parent/Trustee
- Elliot Holtz, Alum Parent/Trustee
- Julia Salamone, AIM Faculty
- Laura Thayer, Parent
The Head of School position of AIM Academy is a mission critical role. The Search Committee does not take this search lightly, and will be actively engaging the AIM Community in this process.
Once three finalists have been identified, the search committee will be expanded by adding a five-person advisory committee as well.
Advisory Committee members include:
- Bryna Berman, Alum Parent/Trustee
- Mitch Codkind, Parent/Trustee
- Rob Ervin, AIM Faculty
- Karen Keesey, AIM Staff
- Myra Petras, Alum Parent
All finalists will visit the AIM campus and all members of the community will have an opportunity to meet these finalists and provide input.
Important dates in AIM Academy's search for a Head of School to start on July 1, 2018 are as follows. The wider AIM community is encouraged to participate in full-day visits for the three finalists October 27, October 30 and November 2. Details about ways to participate will follow closer to the event.
- September 15, 2017: Application Deadline
- September 22, 2017: Notification of applicants who have reached the quarterfinalist round.
- October 9, 2017: Fly-in/fly-out, 1-hour semifinalist interviews at hotel near Philadelphia airport. (Candidate names are maintained confidentially until the Finalist Stage, the public phase at the school).
- October 27, October 30 and November 2, 2017: Finalists Full-Day Interviews and Presentations at AIM Academy.
- Week of November 6: Decision Day – Search Committee meets to prepare recommendation to the Board.
- Week of November 13: Board decision and announcement to finalists of the decision and contract offer. Public announcement once contract is signed.
- July 1, 2018: Start Date