Long-Term Substitute (Spanish)
Upper School Long-Term Substitute Spanish Instructor
End of November. 2022 through Beginning of January 2023
AIM Academy is currently seeking a long-term substitute teacher for Upper School (grades 9 through 12) Spanish.
This is a 6-8 week long-term coverage position for three levels of Spanish (Spanish 1, Spanish 2, and Spanish 4) beginning November 28th through at least January 6th. There are 37 students across the three levels. Sub plans will be provided for the first three instructional weeks, and a scope and sequence and unit outlines will be provided for planning beyond that. The substitute will be responsible for weekly grading of classwork, homework, and any assessments given.
The substitute teacher will collaborate with the Upper School team to discuss student work, share best practices, and ensure student progress. In addition, the substitute teacher will be expected to form and maintain positive relationships with students’ families, including periodic phone calls and emails.
AIM is looking for an instructor who is committed to collegiality and has high expectations for all students.
- COVID vaccination and booster or legal exemption required
- Fluent in Spanish
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Spanish and/or High School Teacher Certification
- Pennsylvania or Private Academic Certification
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Exemplary classroom management skills
- Ability to positively and productively relate to students
- Ability to adjust instructional strategies to meet the diverse needs of learners
- Open to feedback from an instructional support team
- Experience with technology integration
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to the Director of Human Resources, Cheryl Ferst (firstname.lastname@example.org).