Lower School Interactive Humanities and Visual Arts Teacher
Lower School Interactive Humanities & Visual Arts Teacher - Fall 2020
AIM Academy is excited to announce an opening for an innovative, artistic, and intellectually curious educator to join our Lower School Humanities program in Fall 2020. Interactive Humanities, a cornerstone of the AIM experience, is a thematically rich and academically rigorous element of each student’s day that incorporates the interdisciplinary exploration of civics, geography, history, literature, and visual & performing arts in an immersive, small group, project-based learning environment. AIM is currently seeking an experienced and engaging teacher to lead 1-2 sections of Interactive Humanities, as well as Lower School Visual Arts classes.
The ideal candidate should have a broad base of knowledge that includes foundational studio skills, art materials and techniques, art history and visual culture, and Discipline Based Art Education (DBAE) methodology. A background in theatre arts, world history, curriculum development, and/or literacy instruction for students with language-based learning differences would also be highly beneficial. Because AIM is dedicated to creating a culture of equity and inclusion, candidates should value engaging in open dialogue, questioning, confronting assumptions, and attuning to all voices.
● Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required / Master’s degree preferred
● PA or Private Academic Certification
● Deep respect for children as learners and individuals
● Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively with students and staff
● Excellent writing, organizational, technological, and communication skills
● Demonstrated commitment to professional development and lifelong learning
● Experience in providing responsive, evidence-based instruction to students who learn differently
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Coordinator, Cheryl Ferst, at email@example.com