Middle School Interactive Humanities
Middle School Interactive Humanities (Social Studies/History) Teacher - Fall 2021
AIM Academy is excited to announce a position for an innovative, artistic, and intellectually curious educator to join our Middle School Interactive Humanities Team. Interactive Humanities, a cornerstone of the AIM experience, is a thematically rich and academically rigorous element of each student’s day that incorporates the interdisciplinary exploration of civics, geography, history, literature in an immersive, small group, project-based learning environment. AIM is currently seeking an experienced and engaging teacher to lead 7th and 8th Grade Interactive Humanities Classes, which focus on history and culture from the discovery of the Americas to the Civil Rights movement.
The Interactive Humanities department is supported by a team of instructional leaders, speech language pathologists, and knowledgeable administrators. An ideal candidate will have experience teaching history, social studies, civics, government, literature and geography skills to students with language based learning differences like dyslexia and dysgraphia. An ideal candidate will also have experience working with students who may have processing or attention issues.
Because AIM is dedicated to creating a culture of equity and inclusion, candidates should value engaging in open dialogue, questioning, confronting assumptions, and attuning to all voices. Please review AIM’s “Equity and Diversity Statement” on our website at www.aimpa.org
- Bachelor’s degree required / Master’s degree preferred
- PA or Private Academic Certification
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills at both the student and parent levels.
- Ability to positively and productively relate to students
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Deep respect for children as learners and individuals
- Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively with students and staff
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and lifelong learning
- Experience in providing responsive, evidence-based instruction to students who learn differently
- Strong technology skills and familiarity with assistive technologies
- Adaptive learner and self-starter
- Sense of Humor, Patience and Flexibility
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Coordinator, Cheryl Ferst, at email@example.com