Teacher Assistant/Building Sub
AIM Academy is currently looking for a friendly, creative and competent Teacher Assistant to join our remarkable team of educators. If you are a compassionate and self-motivated individual with a specific interest in education, we urge you to apply! In this position, you will be responsible for supervising students both remotely and in-house, developing and/or facilitating predetermined lesson plans, preparing lesson material, and maintaining classroom tidiness in accordance with AIM’s COVID-19 re-opening procedures.
Hired Candidates will be able to take advantage of AIM’s various professional development opportunities, such as: our Pathways to Proficient Reading, Wilson Certification, and more.
The successful candidate must enjoy working with children and be devoted to building a nurturing and safe learning environment. To excel in this role, you must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as in-depth knowledge of classroom activities and teaching methods.
Teacher Assistant Responsibilities:
● Work with the lead teacher to monitor the class schedule both in-house and virtually as needed.
● Assist teachers with lesson preparation by getting materials ready and setting up equipment.
● Revise lesson material with students individually or in small groups.
● Ensure the classroom environment is safe and clean in accordance with AIM’s COVID-19 Re-opening plan.
● Oversee students during non-classroom times including in-between classes, during lunch, and on field excursions.
● Collaborate with lead teachers to recognize issues students are facing and recommend solutions.
● Document student progress and communicate with parents to keep them informed.
● Help lead teachers to create lesson plans.
● Comply with state, school, and class rules and regulations.
● Attend all training classes, parent conferences, and faculty meetings.
● High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
● Bachelor’s degree in Education or relevant field is preferred.
● A minimum of 2 years experience as a teaching assistant or similar role.
● Solid understanding of classroom activities and teaching best practices.
● Must have a compassionate and positive attitude.
● Must believe in the power and importance of diversity, equity and inclusivity work as it relates to school and community.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Outstanding interpersonal and presentation abilities.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to our HR Coordinator, Cheryl Ferst at firstname.lastname@example.org.