Tuition & Fees
AIM Academy is committed to keeping our tuition rates as reasonable as possible while providing your child with the best education.
2018-2019 Tuition grades 1-5
2018-2019 Tuition grades 6-11
2018-2019 Tuition grade 12
In most cases, tuition at AIM Academy is tax deductible under medical expenses. For further information, click here and/or consult with your tax advisor. Financial Aid is available to families who demonstrate financial need.
Fees for individual and small group services for speech and language and occupational services are charged over and above tuition.
Field trips that require overnight travel, such as the 8th grade trip to Teton Science School and international travel available to Upper School students, require additional fees.
- Dyslexia, neurobiological in origin, refers to a cluster of symptoms that affects specific language skills, particularly reading.
- Dyslexia is neither due to a lack of intelligence nor a desire to learn.
- 15-20% of the population as a whole exhibit some symptoms of dyslexia, including slow or inaccurate reading, poor spelling, poor writing, mixing up similar words, difficulty learning a foreign language, and/or trouble memorizing number facts and performing mathematical operations.
- Some dyslexics manage to master early reading and spelling skills, but later experience their most debilitating problems when more complex language skills are required such as grammar, understanding textbook materials and writing essays.
- Early at risk signs may include several of the following:
- speaks later than most
- pronunciation problems
- slow vocabulary growth
- word retrieval difficulty
- unable to rhyme words
- trouble learning numbers, alphabet, days of the week, colors and shapes
- poor letter-sound correspondence
- inability to recognize common sight words
- After 4th grade, it takes 4 times as long to remediate reading difficulties
- 70% of 3rd graders who read below grade level never catch up
Parent Resource Books:
- Hall, Susan.L. & Moats, Louisa C. (1999). Straight Talk About Reading: How Parents Can Make a Difference in the Early Years. Contemporary Books, Chicago, IL.
- Moats, Louisa C. & Dakin, Karen. (2008). Basic facts about Dyslexia and other Reading Problems. Baltimore, MD: International Dyslexia Association.
- Tridas, Eric Q., ABC to ADHD. What Every Parent Should Know About Dyslexia. Baltimore, MD: International Dyslexia Association.
- Berch, Daniel B. & Mazzocco, Michelle M.M (2007). Why Is Math So Hard for Some Children? The Nature and Origins of Mathematical Learning Difficulties and Disabilities. Paul Brookes Publishing Co., Baltimore, MD.
- Dawson, Peg & Guare, Richard (2009). Smart but Scattered: The Revolutionary "Executive Skills" Approach to Helping Kids Reach Their Potential. The Guildford Press, NY, NY
- Shaywitz, Sally (2003). Overcoming Dyslexia, A New and Complete Science-Based Program for Reading Problems at Any Level, Alfred A. Knopf, New York, NY.
Books to Read to your Children regarding learning differences:
- Elementary: Winkler, Henry, The Hank Zipzer Series- 14 book series based on the life of Henry Winkler
- Pollaco, Patricia. (1998) Thank you, Mr. Falker. Penguin Putnam Books for Young Readers, NY, NY
- Gantos, Jack.(1998) Joey Pigza Swallowed the Key. Harper Collins Children's Books, NY, NY
- Robb, Diane Burton.(2004) The Alphabet Story: A Story About Dyslexia. Albert Whitman Company, Morton Grove, IL
- Malchow, Hal and Malchow, Alex(2011) The Sword of Darrow. BenBella Books, Inc. Dallas, TX
- Nadeau, Kathleen and Dixon, Ellen (2005). Learning to Slow Down and Pay Attention: A book for kids about ADHD. Magination Press, Washington DC, American Psychological Association
- Zaslavsky, Claudia (2001) Number Sense and Nonsense: Building math creativity and confidence through number play. Chicago Review Press, Chicago, Il.
- Fischer, Gary & Cummings Rhoda Woods (1990) The School Survival Guide for Kids with LD
- Frostig Center (with Foreword by Rick Lavoie) (2009) The Six Success Factors for Children with Learning Disabilities. John Wiley & Sons, San Francisco, CA